After the internship

 

After the internship

Hello! This blog is part of the series of blogs I am writing during my Outreachy 2020 summer internship with Intermine Boot project in the Intermine Organization.

In this blog, I reflect on my academic journey so far and what I would like to do after the Outreachy internship ends.

I have done my schooling in Rajasthan, India. After appearing for RPET (Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test), a popular entrance exam for engineering college admissions in Rajasthan, I got admitted in Information Technology branch in Govt. Women College in Rajasthan which is one of the best Women only Colleges in India.

I had worked on some projects in college but exposure to diverse technologies was very much less. I felt compelled to pursue a master’s degree to both increase job opportunities and dive deeper in one of the domains in computer science.

After completing the BTech I worked in a startup, After that I got admission in IIIT Hyderabad, India in 2017 as a part-time Mtech student in computer science. As my interest developed, I talked to different research advisors for exploring my knowledge in research and converted to full-time MS student in data science under Prof P. Krishna Reddy. My MS would tentatively finish around May/June 2021.

I am looking towards joining the industry in an engineering role. I am interested both in data science and software development. My college organizes campus placement sessions around December every year. After Outreachy, I am planning to polish my data structures and algorithms knowledge and sit for campus placement.

I feel that after coming to IIIT, I have gained a lot of skills. I have worked on projects in distributed systems and machine learning. I was head teaching assistant for the Distributed Systems course and managed to make assignments and paper evaluations for a class of around 150 students.

I am open to learning new skills for advancing my career. I am also open for remote jobs. I can communicate in Hindi and English language.

Github: https://github.com/22PoojaGaur
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pooja-gaur-b5848048/

To everybody reading this. Please feel free to contact me in case you want to ask anything or you feel that I could be a part of your organization!

The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.

Steve Jobs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s a Wrap

Everybody Struggles!

Outreachy Internship blog: A beginner’s guide to Intermine Boot